Sisterlock Adoration: Finding True Hair Freedom

This blog mostly follows my hair transition to Sisterlocks(TM), but it also gives me an outlet for my occasional social commentary. I always look forward to hearing from you about my hair or my diatribes. Thanks for visiting! ***BTW- Please do not copy my pictures without permission.***

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tired of my hair!




Okay,

Ya'll know that I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE my sisterlocks. I have been never felt anything short of "Sisterlock Adoration" :0), so don't tell anyone else this, but I'm soooooo tired of my locks! I no longer feel inclined to post pictures of every stage of my growth, and it's been months since I've tried anything new. I'm in a funk. I hate the length right now. It's still too short for a real ponytail and updos look a mess unless I have a bit of a curl. I just don't know what to do with it. Given my penchant for freestyling, most of the time it's just a limp hanging mess. Maybe I'm just lazy, but I'm dying to get some suggestions for fun low maintenance looks. What did you guys do once your hair was shoulder length, but not even all around? My shag is getting on my nerves. Sorry to vent, but I'm feeling particularly irritated tonight! (Maybe it has something to do with Clinton's blowout of Obama in West Virginia...)

So what will it be? Should I color, curl, or what? UGHHHHHH! What fun new products are out there? I need your help. Help a sista out!

PS- Did I say mention how much I hate retightening my hair. It's a 1000% easier with the Nappy Lock tool, but still takes over a week for me to retighten my whole head! (I'm such a whiner. Waaa Waa Waa and all the babies cry!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Have you braided your hair when wet and wore it crinkly. I know you have. I bet it's really cute. It's always cute to me. We are always our worst critic. That's why I don't compare myself to others. Try cute head bands and head wraps and earrings and cute outfits. That always make me feel better. Your hair is too cute to me.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me and my locs are at that same point. and i loath retighenting my locs... all you can do is wait till its gets ponytail length and starts swinging like you want. Various hair decor is also a good suggestion. Maybe color would help put the spice back into your style too, but i think your locs are siute your face really well at this length.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you think your hair looks a mess, but it is just adorable to me. As a matter of fact, I'm trying to talk my niece into SLs and your page is the page I refer her to often as you resemeble my niece a bit. I'll post her pic on my page soon. I have been locked down for six weeks and I can't wait for it to get to the length of your locks. Be patient as I must be. And believe me, it's not as easy living with "babylocks" in a professional environment but I'm determined to hang in there. In the meantime, color/highlights always adds a spice of life. Your frustration may be just a phase, say that occurs periodically ;-) Hint Hint. Hang in there, your SLs are awesome! Sauda

9:03 AM  
Blogger Sisterlock Adoration said...

Ladies,

Thanks so much for the responses.I feel much better now.

Penny and Nikki,
I'm not really a hair accessories person, but I do try to work the cute jewelry and outfits angle. Maybe it's time to try some color and Brunsli's hair ties!

Sauda,

Thanks for the motivation. I'm generally an impatient person, but I do need to remember how far I've come!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Sister-in-Locks said...

Hey girl,

First of all your locks are gorgeous and I love the length. Thinking back that was the last phase I felt confortable freestyling. I have also learned that there are curlers for different lengths. Try the Caruso Curlers. It will give it new life and you can do it on the spur of the moment. The next day or two you can go back to freestyling.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my hair was your length I wore a lot of bantu knot sets. I thought it made my hair a little more funky and I liked them even better when the set was a few days old. I understand the funk! Hang in there you will get through it
(-:

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hair is so lovely! I dont have SL's yet, so thats all I can say really! But I cannot wait for that look (I am the type who doesnt mind having the same style everyday for years)

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home