Sisterlock Adoration: Finding True Hair Freedom

This blog mostly follows my hair transition to Sisterlocks(TM), but it also gives me an outlet for my occasional social commentary. I always look forward to hearing from you about my hair or my diatribes. Thanks for visiting! ***BTW- Please do not copy my pictures without permission.***

Monday, March 24, 2008

My Daily Hair Routine

Allecia said...
Your hair always looks so cute. What do you do for day to day styling? Also, I loved your hair on your wedding day. How did you achieve that look? I'm going to be in my sister's wedding in July and I'm trying to come up with some ideas.

Thanks for the kind post Allecia. My day-to-day styling is very very minimal. Usually I wake up and go. One thing I must confess is that my hair naturally grows in the shape of a shag. It has always grown like that, even when I had a relaxer. People constantly ask me about my "hair cut", and it's often hard to convince folks that I have never once cut my locks.

I wash my hair once every two weeks, and usually I'll do a loose soft spikes curl (just roll the very ends).

As far as my wedding hair, I actually achieved that look with bantu knots. I wore them for about 24 hours and took them out for my rehearsal dinner. I really loved the result, but I hated walking around with the knots. Some people can wear them as a style, but my pea head looked a hot mess!

3 Comments:

Blogger Allecia said...

That is so true. It takes the right shaped head to pull of bantu knots. It was definitely worth it. Your wedding pictures are gorgeous. You really should submit them to a wedding magazine.

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was really good to see you Sunday! You looked darling as usual. I am going to have to try the soft spikes on the end since I just read it is not a good idea to do bantu knots (my fav) to often )-:

9:27 PM  
Blogger Nubean Topaz said...

Hi there Imus say I love your locs and am trying to begin my Sister loc journey. I decided to go natural about a month ago and yes Iam anxious to make the transition. I think i will give myself til around Christmas to get sisterlocked.

You mentioned Gigi sl's you. Can you direct me to a website or e mail address. She has been referred more than once.

Thanks and again keep up the good work your locs are beautiful and I loved the post about the first lost loc.(lol) I pictured you on the floor with your loc and TAPS playing.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home