Sisterlock Adoration: Finding True Hair Freedom

This blog mostly follows my hair transition to Sisterlocks(TM), but it also gives me an outlet for my occasional social commentary. I always look forward to hearing from you about my hair or my diatribes. Thanks for visiting! ***BTW- Please do not copy my pictures without permission.***

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Retightening Class



On last Saturday, Dec. 1, I took my Sisterlock tightening class after being locked for 15 months. I have to admit, I can't imagine getting to the point where I can actually retighten my whole head. I think it took 15-20min for me to tighten my first lock. YIKES! I'd like to hear from you all about your own retightening courses and how long it took before you felt comfortable retightening. Although the latch on or clip on tool is pretty easy to use, the thought of reclipping for each of my 400 locks is laughable. After reading everyone's opinion about the nappy lock tool, I'm considering ordering it. Let me know your thoughts, please! The photo above is picture from my cell phone of the lock I retightened. Sorry, it's bad, but my camera batteries are dead, so it's the best I can do.

7 Comments:

Blogger Detra said...

Congrats on taking the class! I took my class close to a year ago and it takes me over 2 days to retighten 300+ locs. Honestly, my lack of being able to retighten much faster, is the fact that I don’t enjoy doing it! If I could afford to have it retightened I would.

It’s awesome to know how, but it’s not my cup of tea. I will say 100% hands down; the nap loc tool is a MUST. I can not say enough about how much I love that tool and it has been very helpful in giving me speed. Also, I'm sure if I were more consistent in doing my own retightening, I would be more efficient.

Don't give up, keep at it, it will get easier!

11:00 PM  
Blogger BlackButterfly said...

It's tough in the beginning, but it does get easier! I took the class out of necessity because my consultant was booked and it had been 3 months since my last re-tightening. I wasn't able to get an appointment for another month, so 6 months into my journey, I HAD to take the class. It was hard, but after 4 months, I can do my entire head in about 5-6 hours, but my first time took me about 3 DAYS!!! I blogged about the experience, so check it out.

Good luck, and it's a challenge now, but it won't always be.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The latest on the on-going catastrophe in Haiti...
http://www.flashpoints.net/

12:29 AM  
Blogger Sisterlock Adoration said...

Ladies,

Thanks for the comments. I've actually been retighting a lot more. Unfortunately, I hate using the tools, so I've been tighting with my fingers. Even though it doesn't get as tight as I'd like, it's easier and faster than using the tools....

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Order the nap loc tool..it will be well worth it. I took the class after two years. The nap tool has made retightening a breeze.

8:43 AM  
Blogger z said...

The nappyloc tool is wonderful and very easy to use in my opinion. With my first time retightening I took the same amount of time but after working through several locks, the process became easier. I have 450+ locks so what I work on half my head one evening, and then the other half the next evening just to give myself a break.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do not know where to find a re-tightening class, but I really want to keep my sisterlocks up myself.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home