Sisterlock Adoration: Finding True Hair Freedom

This blog mostly follows my hair transition to Sisterlocks(TM), but it also gives me an outlet for my occasional social commentary. I always look forward to hearing from you about my hair or my diatribes. Thanks for visiting! ***BTW- Please do not copy my pictures without permission.***

Sunday, January 28, 2007

5 Month Update



Jan 31, 2006 will be my five month anniversary; but since I will likely be too tired to post the 31st, I'm posting today. I can tell that I may be starting to lock just by looking at the difference between my photos a few months ago and now.

BTW- I'm so sad that I'm going to miss the Sisterlock gathering in Waco. Much to my disappointment, I haven't met anyone who's Sisterlocked in Baton Rouge yet. I'm really missing the family!

However, I get questions about my hair all the time. Does anyone know of any consultants in the Baton Rouge area? There's only one consultant listed in Louisiana, and she's in Northern LA (Monroe). Let me know. I'd love to provide some referrals as well as meet some of the LA sisterlock family.

8 Comments:

Blogger Abena Abena said...

Your hair looks beautiful. Are you wearing it freestyle in the photo's or do you do something else to it?

Keep up the good work.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Creyole said...

Good luck! You are in my neck of the woods and I'm totally impressed that you are even getting compliments.

My sister is newly locked and is one hour from Baton Rouge, she was insulted last week about her newly installed locks so you please tell me if you find someone there.

Your locks are looking soooo fly!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Detra said...

Congrats on your 5 months, your hair has done wonderful in such a small amount of time, I love the texture and the fullness. Thanks for sharing! Any chance you'll make the Feb gathering in Waco?

6:33 AM  
Blogger NappyTexanGirl said...

Gosh, your SLs have really grown fast. When I initially saw your SLs, I thought you had a short bob-cut. But when you look at the back, you can really tell that they have grown trememdously. Hope my BC in May will be this cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

9:05 AM  
Blogger Sisterlock Adoration said...

Hey Ladies,

Thanks for the posts.

Chosen Vessel- My hair is freestyled. I haven't tried it any other way. Maybe I'll try other things when I get a little more length.
Creyole- I've had nothing but compliments on my locks in LA. Granted, I had a few backhanded comments like, "it definitely wouldn't work for everyone, but they're cute on you." But for the most part it's all been positive. I'm going to call the consultant in Monroe to see if she knows of any Sisterlocked folks in the BR or NO area. I can't believe your sister was insulted. People can be so close-minded. I will definitely let you know if I discover a network in BR. BTW- I've been spending time exploring LA as I was very intrigued by your post a few months back. LA is quite an interesting place, almost like being in another country:0)!

Detra- Thanks. I do love the texture and fullness as well. It's hard to keep my hands out of my hair:0). I wish I could come to the Waco gathering, but I only get home once a month for a few days, and even if I'm home that weekend, it'd be hard to justify an all day trip when I have so little time with my family.

Nappytexangirl- I've been watching your progress and am quite interested in seeing your locks once you combine them. Also, I can't wait for your big-chop either. I think you'll feel totally different about your little girls once that happens.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are definitely on a beautiful lock journey. Thanks for the updates!

7:51 PM  
Blogger BlaqKofi said...

Your locks are indeed growing and locking my dear! They look awesome. We will miss you in Waco. Be careful and safe. Blaq

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm back and forth between Baton Rouge and New Orleans also. Please post the information if you find a consultant here.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home