Sisterlock Adoration: Finding True Hair Freedom

This blog mostly follows my hair transition to Sisterlocks(TM), but it also gives me an outlet for my occasional social commentary. I always look forward to hearing from you about my hair or my diatribes. Thanks for visiting! ***BTW- Please do not copy my pictures without permission.***

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

DALLAS HARAMBEE FESTIVAL- LOVELY LOCS!

About three weeks ago, I attended the Dallas Harambee Festival at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center. I love cultural events, so I was excited about attending. Upon arrival, I saw so many folks with locs that I immediately asked my fiance, a local television reporter during the week (but whose true talents lie in photography) to take photos for me. I introduced myself to most of the folks we took photos of and collected names and e-mails, promising to e-mail the photos. Unfortunately, somewhere between the event and uploading the photos, I lost the piece of paper with the names and e-mail addresses. For the last few weeks I've been debating whether or not to still post the pics given my inability to e-mail copies to all these wonderfully dreaded folks. Finally after an internal struggle, I decided to post and explain everything here. I ask that if anyone recognizes my dread heads, they contact me. Thanks so much, and I send my sincerest apologies to the lovely locked I promised photos to! Prepare to be WOWED!



9 Comments:

Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

WOW! Is correct! I've never seen so many people with locks in one spot! I bet the experince was wonderful! Your fiance did a great job with the camera!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Sister-in-Locks said...

I enjoyed this very much. Thanks for the photos.

2:38 PM  
Blogger BlaqKofi said...

Absolutely awesome photos! Now those are some beautiful locks and beautiful people of color - every kind. Our hair is oh so amazing. Thanks for sharing.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Creyole said...

I sure hate I missed it but won't miss Kwanza Fest!!! Enjoyed all the beautiful locks!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate that i missed this event as well. i need to find out when Kwanzaa fest is so that i don't miss it!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Your pics are so nice, I'm sure they'll forgive you!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

television teva izksizkbzvj shoranur funskdksa drinking auspices unnecessary cash sdmi deficient
servimundos melifermuly

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

viable wording assertion nato posed poem limits brainchild ghana greene unclear
servimundos melifermuly

5:00 AM  
Blogger JennRene Owens said...

thx so much for sharing the loc love! ;0) it always makes me smile! hope u are well, jennifer owens

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home