Sisterlock Adoration: Finding True Hair Freedom

This blog mostly follows my hair transition to Sisterlocks(TM), but it also gives me an outlet for my occasional social commentary. I always look forward to hearing from you about my hair or my diatribes. Thanks for visiting! ***BTW- Please do not copy my pictures without permission.***

Saturday, September 02, 2006

August 31, 2006 My Sisterlock Birthday



Day 1 Photos
IT FINALLY HAPPENED! I did it. After waiting for two months for my appointment, I am sisterlocked! I can't stop looking at my hair. I can't stop running my fingers though it. Perhaps I'm being a little overzealous (given my fiance's non-enthusiastic response to the locks); however I don't care. I'm really excited, and I can't wait to share my excitement with some folks who will be equally excited for me. That may be my mother (who is natural and thinking about locks) or my identical twin sister who still needs to be converted to the natural world. Please stay tuned for the play-by-play on my locks as they mature. I plan on sharing my experiences, my lessons, and my exploration through this cool new Sisterlock community.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sister-in-Locks said...

I think I am almost as excited as you are. You sister will look at you at will not be able to resist them. Keep representing the locks.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME to lockdom.

I think you and your locks are adorable. I do hope to meet you at our next DFW gathering. SIL does have a gorgeous set of locks doesn't she!

My hubby was not thrilled about me locking either and as time has gone on he offers more and more compliments. My locks are nearly a year old now so hang in there with he won't be able to help but love your hair when see's how excited and confident you are about it!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Naturalist1 said...

Welcome to the Sisterlock family. My husband wasn't too happy about it but he supported me. Congratulations.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Sisterlock Adoration said...

I'm glad to hear that others have had this type of experience as well. I don't think my hair looks too different from when I wore one strand twists. Maybe he was expecting a dramatic change given my own hypeness. Anyhow, I do look forward to getting to my year anniversary and seeing what they look like then. I will be getting married around then, so it'll be interesting to figure out hairstlyes for the wedding.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Maryee said...

Such beautiful locks on such a beautiful woman! Thanks for sharing. You're gonna love the journey. Blogging is a great start!!! Congrats!!!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home