Sisterlock Adoration: Finding True Hair Freedom

This blog mostly follows my hair transition to Sisterlocks(TM), but it also gives me an outlet for my occasional social commentary. I always look forward to hearing from you about my hair or my diatribes. Thanks for visiting! ***BTW- Please do not copy my pictures without permission.***

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sister-in-Locks Inspiration- July 2006

I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was in the Banana Republic outlet store in Allen, TX a few days before July 4 th brousing through the clearance racks when something or actually someone caught my eye. It was a set of the most gorgeous locks I'd ever seen on the head of a beautiful women I've since come to know as Sister-in-lock. I shyly stared from afar trying to get a better look at the lovely locks. Soon, I realized that wasn't gonna do it, so I boldly approached the woman. First, I complimented her hair and then asked who did it. She immediately launched into a spiel about Sisterlocks, inviting me to visit her blog. She gave me her card and encouraged me to stay in touch. That evening, I spent several hours reading through her blog laughing and learning all about the Sisterlock system as well as the spirited community of women who had all embraced Sisterlocks. I e-mailed her that very evening to let her know that I'd decided to be Sisterlocked, and she immediately e-mailed me back with the most positive and encouraging message. She also recommended Gigi my wonderful certified Sisterlock consultant, whom I adore! I dedicate this post to Sister-in-Lock because it was her radiant beauty and warm spirit that inspired me to move forward with my Sisterlocks.

3 Comments:

Blogger brunsli said...

What a great story -- don't worry, we all are lock stalkers. ;)

7:09 AM  
Blogger Maryee said...

No better person to be influenced by than SIL and Gigi! Welcome to the wonderful world of Sisterlocks!

2:40 PM  
Blogger BlaqKofi said...

Welcome home my sister! You are correct on every front...Sister-In-Lock is a beautiful and her locks are da bomb! Gigi is also my consultant and good friend and the best there is. And your locks are absolutely beautiful. You will love them more and more with each passing day and phase. Please visit my blog for my journey...and yes I look forward to meeting you at the next DFW Sisterlocks Gathering.

www.blaqkofi.blogspot.com

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home