Sisterlock Adoration: Finding True Hair Freedom

This blog mostly follows my hair transition to Sisterlocks(TM), but it also gives me an outlet for my occasional social commentary. I always look forward to hearing from you about my hair or my diatribes. Thanks for visiting! ***BTW- Please do not copy my pictures without permission.***

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Presidential Primaries- Barack vs Hillary...

I confess. I am a self proclaimed political junkie. I have been staying up all hours of the night following the Presidential primary news coverage.

My personal political views are fairly liberal, and while I'm a registered Democrat, Pre-Barack, I was leaning heavily towards the Independents.

Anyhow, I'm so fascinated by the Barack and Hillary dilemma. As a African American woman, the choice is really tough. Who do you pick, Hillary or Barack, sex or race, status quo or change..?

Drum rolls please...

I support:

Barack Obama because he represents hope and substance in the cesspool that is 'AKA' the “political system” of this Country. I look forward to diversity in the White House, so that kids who look like Barack and me can know that anything is possible.

I actually sent the aforementioned statement to a political website to get a free Barack Obama bumper sticker. LOL!

I was so pleased with the Iowa Caucus results and had such high hopes for New Hampshire. Clearly, Hillary's emotional diatribe got the best of the New Hampshire voters, which is quite unfortunate given the contrived nature of it...I think I threw up in my mouth a couple of times watching, especially when the camera panned to Bill, and he just HAPPENED to be wiping a single tear out of the corner of his eye. LOL! They both needed Oscar nominations...

Anyway, back to Obama...As African Americans, can we stop the madness? Quit forwarding and spreading the foolish propaganda provided by the Clinton machine about Obama being a part of some Islamic terrorist organization.

Also, old Black leadership needs to stop hating as in Andrew Young's remarks about Barack Obama being too young and inexperienced to be President. Last time I checked, our "forefathers" (I say that with a chuckle of course), established the qualifications for President as follows:

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

Therefore, that certainly qualifies Barack, the same it did JFK(43), Teddy Roosevelt (42) and BILL CLINTON (46)(Governor of Arkansas at 32, talking about inexperience!). In the case of Clinton, since when does Governorship completely usurp National Legislative experience?

I mean come on folks, I enjoy a good urban legend/conspiracy theory and debate about the issues just like most people; however, there are just too many gullible folks who might actually end up believing the worst of this stuff for us to actually engage in the spreading of such foolishness. And that's my word for the day...


Sisterlock Adoration

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funneee!!!

10:42 PM  
Blogger HaveNCredible said...

Great rant Rachel! I lean towards Obama too, but I'll even take Clinton cause if McCain wins ya boy is moving to Mexico! Or maybe Canada.

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Post!!!!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Maryee said...

I'm right there with ya! It's the only thing right now that balances my madness with teaching 7th grade Math. I'm down with O!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home