Sisterlock Adoration: Finding True Hair Freedom

This blog mostly follows my hair transition to Sisterlocks(TM), but it also gives me an outlet for my occasional social commentary. I always look forward to hearing from you about my hair or my diatribes. Thanks for visiting! ***BTW- Please do not copy my pictures without permission.***

Monday, June 22, 2009

Gretchel's (Gigi) Retirement


Hi All,

It is with great sadness that I let you all know that my wonderful consultant Gretchel "Gigi" Johnson officially retired from Sisterlock consulting to pursue her executive coaching business full time. I knew that it was in the works earlier this year, but now I'm officially referring all inquiries about Sisterlocks to her son Jimmy. I've yet to have an appointment with him, but if he's anything like his mother, he'll be awesome.

I have referred a few people to him recently and everyone seems to be satisfied, but I will give my own review based on my next retightening---which BTW will be my first professional retightening in over a year. I'm so done with retightening myself! I've come to realize that the money I've saved and the flexibility of not having to find time for an appointment is simply not worth my tired arms and late nights!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Jimmy have a salon or is he operating at Gigi's old location? Is he a certtified consultant also? Would love to know!
I live in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area and I have been researching consultants and Gigi's name is still listed on the sisterlock website.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Gigglz said...

Your hair still looks great if you have been doing it yourself. How long did you have your SL's before you took the course? Or did you just teach yourself?

8:14 AM  
Blogger CallMeSu said...

I love this picture!! Your hair looks great. I cannot imagine re tightening myself, it would be too much! I do feel a need-to-know just in case i end up in a situation where i cant find a consultant but the price turns me off! ughhh

11:05 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Well you can always go to Elaine Hill in Dallas. She is on the list also 214-956-7842. She is excellent as well and so is her daughter.

3:54 PM  
Blogger JUST Euphoria said...

your locks look great it is a sad occassion GiGi started my locks and she will be missed, and I also want to know will he be sharing the salon with Tafi or open up his own location?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Sisterlock Adoration said...

Jimmy has a studio in his house. Give him a call at 682-478-9844.
Thanks!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congratulations to your previous consultant on doing what she really loves to do. her hair and she are gorgeous. I know she will do well and nice to see your daughter loves natural hair also. Yours is beautiful and thick.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!!!
I currently have combcoils, they havent locked yet and I want soo badly to take them down and get sister locks, the only problem is i have yet to find anyone who can do them for me. PLEASE HELP! I currently live in the Houston area, but i travel back to the fort worth/dallas area about 2ce a month or so. Any suggestions or information would greatly appreciated as well as needed!

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to know what are some good free games for iphone. And are those games avalible for free from itunes?
[url=http://forexrobot-review.info]best forex software[/url] [url=http://sap4u.ca/uride/viewtopic.php?p=35474#35474]unlock iphone[/url]

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd love to thank you for such a great made site!
Just thought this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Monte Phil
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/circus-party-supplies.html]circus Party Supplies[/url].

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home