Sisterlock Adoration: Finding True Hair Freedom

This blog mostly follows my hair transition to Sisterlocks(TM), but it also gives me an outlet for my occasional social commentary. I always look forward to hearing from you about my hair or my diatribes. Thanks for visiting! ***BTW- Please do not copy my pictures without permission.***

Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Sisterlock Friend!



Like Oprah, I have a list of favorite things. A few of them include the smell of my almost three-month-old baby boy Syeed, traveling to other countries, and the look of my hubby in a suit. However, one of my other favorite things is the feeling I get everytime I meet fellow sisterlocked women or hear that someone has been newly sisterlocked! As a result, I've made it my mission to introduce as many of these folks as possible on my blog. So it gives me great pleasure to introduce the lovely Ms. Meiah Barlow.

Meiah was sisterlocked on October 7, 2009, in Austin by Greg Day. She was inspired to join the sisterlocks family because of the beauty of sisterlocks. "I love all locs but what attracted me to sisterlocks is the micro size and versatility. I had been completely natural for a year. I had tried almost every braided hair style and wore an afro. My 4b hair is so course and dense that I knew that wearing locs was the best decision. I started out with traditional locs and about 8 months into them, I heard about sisterlocks. I researched and came across the Videolocktician on Youtube & blogs such as yours, Brunsli, Creyole and Blaqkofi to name a few. After a few weeks of reading blogs I got so inspired and excited that I decided to get Sisterlocks," Meiah notes.


Meiah has a twin sister who is also sisterlocked. Awesome! I'm still working on my twin sister :0).

Meiah says for her, the best thing about being a part of the Sisterlock family is the sisterhood. "We are all spiritually connected as we all have embraced our natural hair the way God intended it to be: no combs, no chemicals. To accept who you are as beautifully and wonderfully made by God, that is a spritual thing. So wearing Sisterlocks, one knows the journey and the benefits of this lifestyle of freedom," explains Meiah.

Ya'll give Meiah and her beautiful locks some love.

4 Comments:

Blogger sistahsherryd@ymail.com said...

Greeting's Meiah,you&Keiah sisterlocks are absolutely beautiful!!! I love the blog! your natural beauty will inspire so many others that are feeling it in their heart but afraid to let it show!!!Keep posting! peace & Blessing's SistahSherryd

8:44 PM  
Blogger Lady Butterfly said...

Excellent post! Beautiful doublemint sisterlocks! @the new Mommy, enjoy that precious baby!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Samantha Sophia said...

I want to feature you on my blog please email me if I can, or at least mention you and link back to you page. sisterlocked.com

2:26 PM  
Blogger Ch'lle said...

Where can I get some done in Dallas?

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home