Sisterlock Adoration: Finding True Hair Freedom

This blog mostly follows my hair transition to Sisterlocks(TM), but it also gives me an outlet for my occasional social commentary. I always look forward to hearing from you about my hair or my diatribes. Thanks for visiting! ***BTW- Please do not copy my pictures without permission.***

Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm so glad to have something to blog about!

Sesame Street:Song: I Love My Hair


Okay Ladies,

It's been forever and a day; however, I finally have something worthy of blogging about. I came across this little ditty during a bout of insomnia in the wee hours of this morning. I'm now at 7 months pregnant and prone to emotional outbursts, but this video brought tears of joy and pride.

It's amazing how a little acknowledgement from Mainstream America about such a touchy issue in the sisterhood can make me feel. I've always loved Sesame Street's willingness to address issues of diversity, but this will ensure that Sesame Street and it's home, Public Television, will receive a generous charitable contribution from me this year. If you agree, put your money where your mouth is and help to continue this wonderful programming.

Miss you guys!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bajan Lily said...

Good to hear from you!
Congratulations on your pregnancy and all the best for labour and birth.

2:55 PM  
Blogger JUST Euphoria said...

Congrats on your pregnancy & you look absolutely beautiful in your profile pic the dress, hair, & baby bump looks stunning

9:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Butterfly said...

Thank you so much for sharing!!! Comgratulations!!! Your blogs and funny responses to the drive-in cashiers have truly been missed. Your HAIR has grown soooo much. Just GAWJUS (gorgeous) sisterlocks girly!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home